Tips for Buying Antique Furniture Online
As most of us know, antique furniture is a thing of value, both in function and art.
If you’ve always been fascinated with the idea of owning antique furniture, you’ll be happy to know that you can buy it easily on the Internet.To get more info, click georgian style furniture. But of course, we all know that the web is such a complex market. You won’t always get what you think you’re getting, but thankfully, this is totally preventable as long as you do your homework. . In contrast to new furniture, whose value automatically drops upon purchase, buyers usually treat antique pieces as personal treasures and long-term investments.
Here are tips to help you shop for antique furniture online:
1. Ask the auction house or gallery for a copy of the furniture’s condition report, then see what exactly the documentation says or proves. How credible are the sources?
2. If the seller shows you a document authenticating the furniture’s maker, ask who paid for the authentication and what warranty you can expect in the event that such authentication is later proven to be erroneous?
3. Know the piece’s history. Who used to own it and when and where? Is the furniture in its original form or has it been altered? Which specific parts were damaged and thus restored? How old is the furniture?
4. If you’re bidding in an auction, sign up days early. Auctions houses have their own requirements for registration. For instance, you may have to wait for approval before you can actually bid. While the process is generally straightforward, you’d like to iron everything out ahead of the sale.To get more info, visit English Georgian America. Before bidding, make sure you’ve done your research and that your bid is competitive while avoiding overpaying.
5. Study the terms and conditions of online sales or auctions. Some important points you’d like to be clear on are how the seller handles taxes, whether a buyer’s premium will be added to the hammer price (if you’re buying at auction), shipping methods, how long you need to pay for the furniture, and the seller’s contact details.
6.Finally, don’t bid if you’re not totally sure you want that item at auction. Remember that all auction sales are final.
The secret to getting a good deal with antique furniture online is research. As a buyer, be as informed as you can be. And don’t forget to ask for advice from friends who may be into antiques as well. You can also check out online forums for antique collectors and learn from them.Learn more from http://www.dictionary.com/browse/furniture.